Job Description: To support the Kitchen Manager in the day to day running of the kitchen.
Location: The Garden Restaurant within Chepstow Garden Centre
Working Pattern: 4 daytime shifts per week, between 8am and 5pm over a 2 week rota to include alternate weekends.
We are currently looking for an experienced Chef Supervisor, someone with high standards, a good work ethic and a good level of flexibility
- Preparation and cooking of fresh food and presentation of meals to a high standard on a cook to order basis through our breakfast and lunch service.
- Ensuring compliance with food safety regulations and maintaining all company policies and procedures.
- Food ordering and stock controls.
- HACCAP recording.
- Extremely high standard of cleaning.
- Leading a kitchen team to optimize efficiency.
- To run and oversee all aspects of the kitchen in the Kitchen Manager’s absence.
- Supporting the organization of seasonal events.
- To support the kitchen manager in food and menu development.
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Good Communicator.
- Good Team player, driven by the desire to deliver 100% customer satisfaction.
- Flexible with working hours due to the nature of the business.
- Health and Safety Conscious.
- Food safety level 2 will be required, but training is provided.
- The position will require some heavy lifting.
Salary and Company Benefits
- Starting salary exceeds age related minimum wage up to £9.00 per hour.
- 28 days annual leave including paid Bank Holidays, pro-rata basis for part-time employees.
- Uniform and safety shoes will be provided.
- Discounted rates on food and drink in our restaurant whilst working.
- In store staff discount after 3 months.
We are an independently owned company who understand that it is the staff who make the business successful. If you would like to be part of our continued success please fill out an online application form or email your C.V to HR@chepstowgardencentre.co.uk.