Bird Food Wales
Looking for bird food in Wales? You will find our variety of bird food is certainly as good as any in the region. We love gardens and everything that adds to their natural beauty, and nothing does it better than these energetic winged travellers passing through the area and taking a bathing and eating break. It is always a pleasant sight when you step out into the garden and a couple of birds are eating from your feeding station or splashing in the bath you installed for them.
The best range of bird food in Wales
Bird food comes in many forms and packaging. You have to make sure you get the right kind to match the taste of the birds your garden usually attracts. At Chepstow Garden Centre, we have built a big inventory of birdcare products and variety of bird food options for our customers so they get what they want without a problem. We offer:
- Mixes: Mixes are best suited for your feeding station if your garden is mostly visited by very small birds. They are filled with nutrition and most of the products we have come with Calvita nutrients for high energy levels. These mixes are often good for any season of the year and can be served on feeders, tables, and even on the ground. We also have seed and insect mixes that especially attract Robins.
- Mealworms: Regardless of the kind of birds you host in your garden, you can always add mealworms to the menu. This diet is the closest it gets to a bird’s natural food preferences. It is full of protein goodness and is loved by all birds apart from hunters. Mealworms are often fed on a bird table but you can use any installation you have or even the floor.
- Fat Snax: Gardman’s regular Fat Snax is a favourite bird food in Wales’ gardens. That is because it attracts a lot of colourful birds, including Blackbirds, Robins, Long-tailed Tits, Chaffinches, Sparrows, etc. The Snax is net-free and full of energy with a great mixture of cereal, seed, and suet.
- Peanuts: Birds of somewhat bigger body shape and size certainly enjoy energy-filled peanuts. Our stock of peanuts is sure to keep your bird feeder occupied with endless visits from Nuthatches, Woodpeckers, Chaffinches, and Blue Tits.
- Nuggets: Nuggets also make big birds’ favourite food. They are made of a neat mixture of mealworms, suet, and seeds that most garden birds love. They can be fed to your flighty friends every day of the week served in a feeder or on a table.
- Suet: Suet has to be the most popular bird food in Wales. Garden owners love suet because of the high-fat content that most garden birds love, such as Woodpeckers and Nuthatches. Our suet products come in mixes with mealworms and seeds to make the right combination your garden visitors prefer.
Common garden birds in Wales
For the best chance of getting the right bird food in Wales, you need some information about the kinds of garden birds that live in the region. Knowing the garden birds you are likely to host, you can prepare the right menus for them.
Gardens in Wales are often visited by a number of birds that love suet, mealworms, peanuts, and seed. Welsh garden owners love their Mwyalchens (Blackbirds in the English tongue). This is one of the most frequent flying visitors you will come across if you have a garden in Wales. At the same time, Robins are the kind of birds you can rely on to visit your garden throughout the year and before any other bird in the morning.
Frequent garden visitors
House Sparrows and Goldfinches are also quite common in the region and, if you are getting bird food in Wales, also consider to buy a bird feeding station for these beautiful little-winged creatures in the shopping list.
Other frequent visitors to Welsh gardens include Woodpeckers, Magpies, Rooks, Jackdaws, Collared Doves, Coal Tits, Blue Tits, Nuthatches, and Chaffinches. These are just a few of the many species of garden birds that like to check feeders in house gardens for their next meal.
Visit our garden centre in Wales or buy bird food online
You can easily visit our premises in Chepstow any day of the week to pick your favourite birdcare products and bird food in Wales. At the same time, you can order your shopping online; we have a delivery service to many parts of the region.