Shop Floor Manager
We are actively looking to recruit an experienced and energetic Shop Floor Manager.
As the shop floor Manager, you will be responsible for running and overseeing all shop floor departments. This includes managing department heads and their team, departments areas include garden sundries, gift and home, furniture and Christmas. Relevant experience of this within a retail environment is essential. You will be a key member of the management team in driving sales, creating stunning and inspirational visual displays, managing stock levels, and motivating and developing your team.
You will gain a real sense of ownership over your department as you drive sales and profitability by maximising space productivity, replenishment, stock ordering and merchandising. The customer is the focus of everything we do, so you will ensure that they always receive an exceptional level of service.
You will have experience of working with gardening sundries products and possess a good level of product knowledge so that you are able to advise and assist our customers daily.
To be the ideal candidate, you will have experience of working in a fast-paced retail environment at a management or supervisory level. You will be a great communicator with an ability to inspire your team. You will have a great eye for detail with a creative edge to ensure our high retail standards are consistently maintained in terms of product placement and presentation.
- Planning & supervising staff resources for daily running of each shop floor department.
- Overseeing garden sundries, gift & home ware, furniture and Christmas departments.
- Ensuring all stock is clearly and accurately priced.
- Ensuring a good level of customer service is offered at all times.
- Ordering of correct levels of stock so sales targets are met and ensuring good turnover of stock is maintained.
- Working with management to ensure standards and sales are met.
- Key holder and part of the duty management team.
- Experience in working in retail with a strong garden product knowledge or wiliness to learn.
- Good supervisory experience within a retail background.
- Be a good communicator with a focus on customer service and training.
- Happy to work as part of a team or on your own initiative.
This is a full time position, including alternate weekends and selective back holidays.
Salary £22,000 - £25,000 dependent on experience.
- 25% staff discount after a 3-month probation period
- Part uniform provided
- Generous discounted rates within our restaurant
We are a friendly and family owned company who understand that it is their staff that makes their business successful. If you would like to be part of our continued success send a C.V.to HR@chepstowgardencentre.co.uk